Quote for today… “I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner – That is what I truly wish to be – cause if i were a oscar mayer weiner – everyone would be in love – oh everyone would be in love – everyone would be in love with me.” – Oscar Mayer jingle
- Woman gets five to 10 years in DUI death (LancasterOnLine.com)
- How’s this for a cool job! Driving the Weinermobile.
- Opinion question: Is Boehner really Pelosi in different garb? There isn’t an ounce of difference in their thoughts or deeds. Need more …
- Road rage incident east of Columbia sends three to jail (Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era)
- Do it well and people will tell other people; THE good vibes.
- Cheap as water; not any more. York Water Company raises rates. (York Dispatch)
- Middle-class crisis is the title of a powerful editorial in today’s Intelligencer Journal/New Era – The editorial contends “Pennsylvania’s middle class is at a crossroads, and the problems are caused not by globalization but by public policies in Washington and Harrisburg.” In case you missed yesterday’s two-minute video by Robert Reich, we encourage you to watch it.
- POLICE LOG (Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era) COLUMBIA: Kenneth R. Lightcap Jr., 23, of 255 N. Third St., Columbia, has been charged with stealing $1,300 worth of old coins overnight July 12 from Toll Booth Antiques Center, 215 Chestnut St. He then used the coins at area businesses. Lightcap was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia for a smoking device found during a search of his home. – EAST DONEGAL TWP.: Jeffrey G. Estep Jr., 22, of 8A Essex St., Marietta, and Jordan W. Coppersmith, 20, of 139 W. Fairview Ave., Marietta, were charged after a physical altercation Friday in the 1200 block of River Road. – MARIETTA: Bridget L. Bollinger, 32, of 2908 Bowman Road, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia in a July 2 incident in the 400 block of East Market Street. – MARIETTA: Jamie L. Beaston, 25, of 15 Pajill Drive, Marietta, was charged with access device fraud, identity theft and forgery after stealing credit cards and using them at area businesses between July 5 and 20. – MARIETTA: Jeremy S. Hostetter, 33, of 304 E. Front St., Marietta, was charged after he struck a woman during a domestic dispute July 2 in the 400 block of East Market Street. Police said the victim required medical treatment.