In Government, History and Heritage, In Columbia, People on August 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm
Here are our meeting notes of the topics addressed at the Historical Architecture Review Board (H.A.R.B.) meeting from Wednesday, August 17.
DOORS OF COLUMBIA
- The Board looked at a computer-based slide show which was produced by Whitney Pagan of Left of Center Photography. The Board has endorsed a poster concept that will help with community positive identification. The concept is based on doors posters that have are used in numerous communities across the globe. The Board members were provided with a printed draft example of the concept; no copies were offered to meeting observers. A final version was not presented. This project bears no Board nor municipal expense; it is a Left of Center Photography project.
LETTER FROM MUSEUM PARTNERS
In Uncategorized on August 20, 2011 at 6:00 am
today’s news and information gleanings from here and there! Today’s Weather! Today in History!
Quote for today… “God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board.” – Mark Twain
In Everyday Living on August 20, 2011 at 5:55 am
You may recall the spider article with pictures we posted here; well one night recently when we took the dog out for the overnight break, here’s what the “spider man/woman” latched onto. Being a couple times bigger than the spider proved not to be an obstacle. It was “munch time.”
Here’s what was left on the porch stem in the morning after the insect smorgasbord; the spider had pretty much eviserated the victim – ate all the good parts and left the skeletal housing for the ants.
In Government, Opinions on August 20, 2011 at 5:20 am
In case you missed this opinion column in this week’s (August 14) Sunday newspapers, we think it’s worthy of your time.
(SOURCE: Wall St. Journal Sunday, syndicated pages in Lancaster Sunday News - AL’S EMPORIUM, by Al Lewis)
“The news is getting ridiculous. How ridiculous? Well, it’s like:
- Congress raging about the debt ceiling, doing nothing about unemployment, foreclosures or the economy, then taking a vacation.
- Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner whining about Standard & Poor’s downgrade like a dodgy CEO after a negative analyst report. “Look at the quality of judgments they’ve made in the past,” he cried. And not his?
- S&P dashing America’s AAA credit rating before France’s.
- Newsweek calling Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann ”The Queen of Rage,” beneath a photo that makes her look like she merely had a bean burrito for lunch.
- Economists debating whether we’re headed for a recession when we are already in one.
- Wall Street calling it a bull market when Read the rest of this entry »