In In Columbia, Lists on August 26, 2011 at 8:04 am
There are four and one-half pages of “sheriff sale of valuable property” listings in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era … another signpost of a disastrous economy.
Properties of interest to people in the Columbia area include these:
- Execution #CI-10-14969 – Drennen Property #24 “No. 737 on the East side of Furnace Alley, Borough of Columbia.”
- Execution #CI-11-00139 – Kirchner, Jr. Property #28 “629 Chestnut Street, Columbia Borough.”
- Execution #CI-10-15871 – Gochenaur Property #31 “1512 Manor Street, Columbia.”
- Execution #CI-11-04048 – Doolittle Investments, LLC & David Doolittle Properties “301-303 Locust Street, Columbia.”
- Execution #CI-10-14463 – Vargas Property “365 South Third Street, Columbia.”
- Execution #CI-09-03948 – Doolittle Property “202 Poplar Street, Columbia.” Read the rest of this entry »
In Uncategorized on August 26, 2011 at 6:00 am
today’s news and information gleanings from here and there! Today’s Weather! Today in History!
Quote for today… “As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.” – Socrates
In Everyday Living, Government, History and Heritage, In Columbia, Opinions, Opportunities, Treasures on August 26, 2011 at 5:49 am
In early 2005, the results of a market study for the Columbia Market House were revealed. The “Revitalization Study” was conducted by the former market master of the famous Reading Terminal Farmer’s Market in center city Philadelphia. It is reported that Columbia paid $75,000 for the study.
Remember the market house was not operating as a farmer’s market at the time and the Borough wanted expert counsel to re-open the community’s architectural focal point.
We found these council minutes from early 2003 in a “google search.” The 26 page Read the rest of this entry »
In Everyday Living, Treasures on August 26, 2011 at 5:31 am
Click on the above picture for a larger version.