today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Fridge salad drawers can contain 750 times the level of bacteria considered safe, researchers warn.” – London Daily Mail
- What is the “political truth?” from Tuesday night’s Republican candidate’s show – “Fact check: Misfires on taxes and more in Republican debate” – York Dispatch
- “Now why would anyone want to occupy Wall Street? Obviously nothing wrong going on here.” – In case you need more demonstration of the kinds of things that are continuing to happen with the illicit relationship between some corporations and government, read this article: “Florida Bank, Used as ATM by Insiders, Won TARP Loan But Now Teeters” – propublica.org
- Ahem! About that 3.6% social security increase: “Medicare costs to reduce Social Security increase” - AP article
- Sunday program at Columbia Historic Preservation Society
- And … who is surprised by that? “York educators enthusiastic about Obama-Biden plan” – York Dispatch
- The cash-strapped U.S. Postal Service Read the rest of this entry »