today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “The collapse of the Soviet system was a pretty extraordinary event, and we are currently experiencing something similar in the developed world, without fully realizing what’s happening.” – George Soros, in Newsweek (January 23, 2012) article, “George Soros on the Coming U.S. Class War“
- Some guys don’t get it! “Outside advisers are urging (Rick Santorum) to pack up in Florida completely and not spend another minute in a state where he is cruising toward a loss. But Santorum insisted on Friday that he would return once he has readied his taxes for public release.” – York Dispatch
- “Miriam Moore of Columbia … today turns 105 after a lifetime of dancing and general high energy.” – MyColumbiaNews
- Did you know: Columbia Consolidated Fire Department’s Meat Bingo was mentioned on Jay Leno’s show. National exposure.
- Is spring coming? Has a mild, almost snowless, winter tricked the flowers. Little green plants are beginning to shoot out; this may be just the evidence the ground hog needs to call for spring.