today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “I am American. I am the part you won’t recognize. But get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me.” – Muhammad Ali
- Nikki Bowman is the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era‘s “Teen of the Week”
Nicole “Nikki” Bowman stands by her locker at Columbia Junior/High School. (Blaine T. Shahan / Staff)
- County’s “first certified in holistic medicine” physician espouses ” … modified diet, exercise, nutritional supplements such as fish oil and lifestyle changes” (including meditation). – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Market House Trust holds the reins: “The Columbia Historic Market House Trust can finally concentrate on its mission: running the market.” – MyColumbiaNews
- “Nextdoor neighbors: Group forms online gathering site – This is a very good way for a community or a couple of blocks of neighbors who want to belong to a “community.” It’s based on openness, caring and information- sharing; works a whole lot better than closet-minded, threatening, hiding of information. See the “Nextdoor” site – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Columbia’s boys basketball team plays on: “Lancaster Catholic and Columbia both clinched L-L berths Tuesday. The Crusaders (12-2) have a one-game cushion on the Crimson Tide (11-3) with two games left in the regular season.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “CONGRESS AND INSIDER TRADING: The Senate has passed the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (S. 2038), sponsored by Sen. Joseph Lieberman, ID-Vt. The bill would bar members of Congress and congressional employees from using Read the rest of this entry »