today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “No race can prosper till it learns there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Jordan P. Barr, 18, son of Joan Barr and Paul Barr, of Lancaster, has earned the rank of Eagle Scout as a member of Troop 35, of Columbia. Jordan started scouting as a Cub Scout with Pack 35, Columbia, and was also a member of Pack 263, Mount Joy. Since joining Troop 35 in 2004, he has served as assistant senior patrol leader, senior patrol leader and junior assistant scoutmaster. He was elected to the Order of the Arrow in 2006. For his Eagle Scout service project, Jordan designed and led a team in the building and installing of a bullpen, portable pitching mound and scoreboard at the Mountville Borough Park. Jordan is a 2011 graduate of Hempfield High School, a freshman at Penn State University and a member of St. Peter’s Catholic Church in Columbia.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- POLICE LOG: “COLUMBIA: Elliott Simms, 45, of the 300 block of North Sixth Street, was charged with violating a protection-from-abuse order Friday after he went to a Bethel Street home, police said.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- Reminder: The Internal Revenue Service reminds citizens that the 2012 tax filing return date this year is April 17 to file their federal tax returns. The IRS encourages taxpayers to e-file as it is the best way to ensure accurate tax returns and get faster refunds. The filing date is the same for Pennsylvania tax filing.