today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today … “I will always love you.” – sung by Whitney Houston, the song written by Dolly Parton
- Two Amanda’s from Columbia ” … will stand trial for robbing elderly woman” – Lancaster Online
- “A former Wrightsville-area constable who drove a female prisoner to the Susquehanna River to “watch the sun rise” was found guilty of misdemeanor charges Friday at his non-jury trial.” – York Dispatch
- Two LL boys basketball: “Surging teams bid for spotlight Tide on rise after slow start. This is our first trip to the league playoffs since 2008,” said (coach Mark) Wisler. The town’s behind us. We’re ready to go.”” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “The following area students were named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology: Robert Miller, Columbia; Hannah Breneman, Washington Boro; Alex Yost, Mountville.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Did ‘Girly-Girl’ say yes? Find out what happened after York Sunday News full-page marriage proposal” – York Daily Record
- “PROVIDENCE, R.I.—Lottery officials say someone who played the Powerball in Rhode Island has won the $336.4 million jackpot. The new multimillionaire has not stepped forward and the lottery has not said where the winning ticket was sold. To win, the player had to match all of Saturday’s five numbers, 1-10-37-52-57, and Powerball number 11. Because of rising sales, the jackpot more than doubled from $173.5 million on Feb. 1. Powerball is played in 42 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.” – The Associated Press