today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- Today is Fourth Fridays in Columbia. Visit the Susquehanna Center for the Creative Arts … Jonal Gallery.
- Friendly reminder: the television premiere of Semper Fi: Always Faithful, the compelling documentary on the Camp Lejeune water contamination cover-up, airs tonight at 10 p.m. EST on MSNBC. The movie examines what will likely go down in history as one of the worst toxic contaminations in the country—and one of the most shameful cover-ups by the Marine Corps. Between 1957 and 1987, as many as one million Marines at Camp Lejeune and their family members used and ingested water contaminated by extremely toxic organic compounds.” – Project on Government Oversight
- “Bass fishing frenzy about the “Alabama Rig”! “The world of bass fishing is all a Twitter, and Facebook, and the Internet fishing forums.” – Ft. Worth Star-Telegram
Shortsightedness: “U.S. states looking to balance budgets by cutting mental-health facilities and Medicaid payments risk increasing health-care costs by pushing psychiatric patients into emergency rooms.” – Business Week
“The Lancaster World War II Oral History Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at St. Anne’s Retirement Community, 3952 Columbia Ave. Speaker will be Pfc. Nick Gianopoulos, who served with the 99th Division Company F 393 Infantry Regiment as a front line combat infantry man. Meetings are open to the public and are free. For more information, call Dan Mastros, 684-9152.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- There are a few Columbia properties in the four and one-half pages of Sheriff Sale listing of properties in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era.