today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “I urge all drivers and cyclists to learn the rules of the road to better share our highways and make travel safer for all.” – PennDOT Secretary Barry J. Schoch
- Winning numbers: 2-4-23-38-46, Mega Ball 23 – “At least one ticket matched those numbers following Friday night’s drawing – purchased in Maryland’s Baltimore County, lottery officials said early Saturday.” – USAToday
- Stephen Schober, former OLA student, is Lancaster Newspapers’ teen-of-the-week – MyColumbiaNews
(PHOTO SOURCE: Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era – Stephen Schober poses outside Lancaster Catholic High School. [Justin David Graybill / Staff])
- Medic consolidation: “Philadelphia’s two largest newspapers could trade hands Monday for the fifth time in six years. Several powerful local businessmen are trying to close a deal to buy The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News from New York hedge funds.” – The Washington Post
- “MasterCard Inc. and Visa Inc. warned that some of the data in their cardholder accounts may have been breached. MasterCard said that it had notified banks, as well as law enforcement, of a potential problem with a third party “U.S.-based entity.” – Los Angeles Times
- “POLICE LOG: “MANOR TWP.: Bryce Doerrer, 22, of Lancaster, was charged with possessing a small amount of marijuana after he was found unsteady and apparently intoxicated at the Sundance Car Wash in the 2100 block of Columbia Avenue on Feb. 18, police said. – MANOR TWP.: Charges are pending against Adam Sweigart, 23, of Lititz, Read the rest of this entry »