today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Harrington Bar & Grill, 410 Locust Street, Columbia, is one of five county establishments cited by the PLCB; this time for “issuing checks for payment of malt or brewed beverages with insufficient funds”. – LancasterOnLine
- No matter how you say “Olajuwon”; Tide wins! Two reports – Reading’s & Lancaster’s – “Michael Olajuwon hit the game-winning free throw with 4.9 seconds remaining as Columbia defeated Wyomissing 60-59 in the District 3-AA third-place game at Milton Hershey High School Friday night.” – Reading Eagle and “Olajuwon Michael’s three-point play with 4.3 seconds left gave Columbia a 60-59 win over Wyomissing in the consolation game of the District Three Class AA Tournament Friday night at Milton Hershey. – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- $urpri$e, $urpri$e! $antorum Say$ one thing; doe$ another: “Santorum knocks govt over schools but takes money” – Associated Press
- Another case of a trusted staffer stealing from a not-for-proft! ” The director allegedly used the Upper Kennebec Valley Ambulance Service’s gas card to buy fuel for personal use.” – EMSWorld
From left, Taylor Conroy as the Wicked Witch of the West, confronts Tyler Garrison as the Tin Man, Gabby Kashner as Dorothy, Alex Dewalt as the Cowardly Lion, Larissa Melbert as the Scarecrow and Nicole Bowman as the Good Witch Glinda in a scene from Columbia High School’s spring musical. “The Wizard of Oz,” which will run March 8 to 10 at the high school. (Photo by Bill Clark – MyColumbiaNews)
- Leave Afghanistan Now (Cal Thomas column) – TownHall.com
- “An alert Manor Township woman helped police nab two men within minutes of them burglarizing her home on Friday, according to authorities.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Andrew T. Hollingsworth of Mountville was named to the dean’s list Read the rest of this entry »