today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” – Charles Dickens
- Restaurant inspections in York County – York Dispatch. Same stories this week, “person in charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety.” See the week’s county restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News. A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those “the breakaway banana republic of Columbia”, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- “An American soldier opened fire on villagers near his base in southern Afghanistan Sunday and killed 16 civilians, according to President Hamid Karzai who called it an “assassination” and furiously demanded an explanation from Washington. Nine children and three women were among the dead.” – Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- A photographic visit to London’s Borough Market: “Borough Market, for those who’ve never heard of it, is a mostly-covered market selling primarily food, with a few arts and crafts thrown in for good measure.” – Creative Splurges blogsite
- “My biggest problem is defendants showing up unrepresented by counsel,” said Robert Herman, a district judge for 28 years. Herman’s office in Columbia serves Columbia and Mountville boroughs and West Hempfield Township.” Lancaster Sunday News article, “Unprepared defendants clogging district courts“
- “As Congress faces record-low approval ratings, open-government groups say more transparency could help rebuild public trust. But greater disclosure may be a tough goal when it comes to legislation targeting lawmakers’ activities.” – USAToday
- POLICE LOG: “MANOR TWP.: Crystal Manfred, 25, of Rivermore Drive, Marietta, was charged March 5 after Enterprise Car Rental, 2010 Columbia Ave., reported that a car rented to her had not been returned. Police said she told them she did not know where the car was. She also faces Read the rest of this entry »