today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “A library book … is not, then, an article of mere consumption but fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, is their only capital.” – Thomas Jefferson
- Wonder which “organizations” really are legally registered as “non-profit?” Check back here tomorrow.
- This week’s county restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News
- This week’s restaurant inspections in York County – York Dispatch
- A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- Mass. paramedic can be disciplined for Facebook postings, says Mass. Division of Law Appeals – EMS World
- Predictably, a result of trying to pick up the pieces after years of elected “public servants” success in steering the boat towards the iceberg. – “David Unkovic, the man given the task of leading the city (Harrisburg) from financial ruin, stunningly resigned his post as Harrisburg’s receiver Friday.” – Harrisburg Patriot News
- An Easter Bunny breakfast! “A pancake breakfast with the Easter Bunny will be held 7:30-10 a.m. Saturday, April 7, at St. John’s Community Church, 239 E. Market St., Marietta. Cost is $3 for adults and $1.50 for children ages 5-12. Easter egg coloring will be held at 10 a.m.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- “In the appropriations bill for 2012, funding for the Women, Infants and Children Farmers Market Nutrition Program (WIC FMNP) was cut by approximately 30 percent. WIC’s FMNP helps provide underserved families across the country with fresh produce, and is not only a critical subsidy for families that might not otherwise have sufficient access to high-quality, nutritious food, but also for the small and mid-scale farmers and farmers Read the rest of this entry »