today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Whatever it is, I’m against it!” - The song mentioned in Larry Alexander’s column yesterday. Alexander is a staff writer and columnist for the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era. The song from the 1932 Groucho Marx movie, “Horse Feathers,” is a perfect theme for the elected “public servants” in Columbia.
- “A Columbia man has been charged with firing several shots into a vehicle containing his two young children. The incident occurred early this morning in the area of 2nd and Perry streets in Columbia.” – MyColumbiaNews
- “The charges keep piling up against former area residents, Kevin Love and Dwayne Weir, last summer’s Clyde and Clyde who were on the lam from police for two weeks before being captured in a dramatic showdown in Dauphin County. – Lancaster OnLine
- Tragedy: “Twice in one week, two 50-year-old women have hung themselves from a tree in a public place in Lancaster County.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Another trusted employee of a non-profit “embezzles $221 thousand from the York Symphony” to gamble – York Dispatch
- Was it good for you? Reich column: “The most lop-sided recovery on record” – The Chicago Tribune
- Recovery continues: Yahoo lays off 2,000 – The Washington Post
- Follow up from the Walking River Rats: “The Walking River Rats will be walking for it’s Third Year in The StepOut For Diabetes. This year the walk is being held in Middletown instead of Columbia but we are still walking. We will be holding a Bake sale/ Raffle on Saturday April 14th @ 10am. We are in need of Team Members to walk. We are also in need of Baked goods and Items for the Raffles. Anyone wanting to help or walk with the team. Please contact: Lora Pennington – WalkingRiverRats@aol.com or find me on Facebook. You may also call me at 717-224-4719. Leave message.”
- Good Friday Church Services – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “POLICE LOG: WEST HEMPFIELD Read the rest of this entry »