today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “O the Easter bells are gladly ringing, Let the whole world join the happy lay, Let the hills and vales break forth in singing, Christ, the Lord of Life, is ris’n today.” – Lizzie Akers
- Mike Wallace, 60 Minutes icon, dies – CBS News
- This week’s county restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News
- This week’s restaurant inspections in York County – York Dispatch
- A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- BHI Properties LLC buys another Columbia property; 918 Houston Street brings the total to date – 35 plus properties. – Lancaster Sunday News
- H-m-m-m-m, that’s interesting! In the property transactions in today’s Lancaster Sunday News, “Donna J. Williams and Mark L. Williams conveyed 335 S. Third St. to Summit Street Properties LLC for $36,900.” Summit Street Properties LLC has the same mailing address as BHI Properties, LLC at the Department State’s Registry of Business Entities. The address for both is RR#5, Box 228, Mifflintown, PA 17059.
- Sometimes when they build them, they don’t come: “Debt hangs over convention center authority.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- Wal-Mart coming? “The Manor Township Planning Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 9, at the municipal building, 950 W. Fairway Drive. Among the agenda items: • Briefing, multiple-use zoning amendment to permit multiple, principal, nonresidential uses in the General Commercial, Commercial Office, Limited Commercial, Local Commercial, Mixed Residential Commercial and Village zones and by adding an additional permitted use in the industrial zone for shop for contractors. • Study/review zoning for the Wal-Mart property and surrounding properties.” Lancaster Sunday News
- The dirt on dog waste! – Lancaster Sunday News – Easy fix; fine irresponsible owners.