today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Here cometh April again, and as far as I can see the world hath more fools in it than ever.” - Charles Lamb
- “The Marietta Boat Club’s building was destroyed in an early morning blaze that is being investigated by the state police fire marshal in the riverside town. Police say the cause of the fire appears to be suspicious, and could be linked to other problems that happened overnight near the club and in the borough.” – LancasterOnLine
This photo appeared at LancasterOnLine: “Numerous motorcycles were pulled over by police at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday on Route 222, between Bushong and Creek roads in Manheim Township. (Dean Lee Evans)”
- The reader comments following the article are equally interesting. “Numerous motorcycles were pulled over by police at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday on Route 222, between Bushong and Creek roads in Manheim Township. Passersby said they saw motorcycles parked on the shoulder and flanked by police vehicles from several jurisdictions. Officers with assault rifles were reported to be overlooking the scene from a hillside along the road. The northbound right lane of Route 222 was blocked by police and traffic was temporarily backed up.” – LancasterOnLine
- Letters to the editors in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Weaker job outlook? – “Economists mostly shrugged off news that U.S. hiring slowed in March as a one-month aberration warped by warm weather. But what if they’re wrong? What if the sharp drop in job creation signaled something more ominous?” - The Arizona Republic
- LEGAL NOTICE published in the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era on Tuesday, April 10, 2012: “LEGAL NOTICE The Zoning Hearing Board of the Borough of Columbia will meet on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, at 7:00 P.M., in the Municipal Building at 308 Locust Street, Columbia, PA, to consider the following application(s) and/or appeal(s): Robert Emel is requesting special exception(s) and/or variance(s) to create parking for impound and recovery vehicles at 39 North Front Street and 53 North Front Read the rest of this entry »