today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.” -
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- A recurring observation “The person in charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety” appears in this week’s county restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News
- This week’s restaurant inspections in York County – York Dispatch
- A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
“Kristen Brown, 19, of Columbia, was getting her foot-long brown tresses shorn to show solidarity with her mother, Dr. Melanie Comito. Comito, a pediatric oncologist at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- At Franklin & Marshall College, the Annual All-Student Juried Exhibition Reception and President’s Awards are slated for Thursday, April 26 – F&M Calendar
- “Joe Paterno never wanted Beaver Stadium or the football field where he led the Nittany Lions for almost 46 years named after him.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- H-m-m-m. Noticed this property transfer in today’s Lancaster Sunday News: Joyce E. Ruffner conveyed 298 S. Fifth St. to Summit Street Properties LLC for $32,000. A few weeks ago Columbia news, views & reviews wrote that “Summit Street Properties LLC has the same mailing address as BHI Properties, LLC at the Department of State’s Registry of Business Entities. The address for both is RR#5, Box 228, Mifflintown, PA 17059.” This is Summit Street Properties LLC’s third holding; BHI Properties, LLC has 38.
- “Six local consultants have rolled their five firms into a new business, Implementation Management Group, based in Lititz. The new firm offers expertise in finance, human resources, marketing, sales, operations, business transition, strategic planning and logistics. Principals are: Oneida DeLuca, of Columbia, an owner of Birchwood Consulting; Robert Pozesky, of Columbia, an owner of Birchwood Consulting; David Buttolph, of Lititz, business development adviser at ERS Associates; Patty Lawrence, of Lancaster, owner of Advantage CFO Solutions; Ed Krow, of Conestoga, owner of Human Resources Essentials; and Michelle McCall, of Lititz, owner of Michelle McCall LLC.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- “George F. Schneider will speak on his experience during World War II at the Lancaster World War II Oral History Club‘s monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, at St. Anne’s Retirement Community, 3952 Columbia Ave., Columbia.The lecture is free and open to the public. For more information, call Dan Mastros at 684-9152.” – Lancaster Sunday News [NOTE: You can read more about oral histories throughout Lancaster County here.]