today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love unless he’s owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.” - Gene Hill – The Dog Man
- “A Maytown woman is facing allegations that she left her two children unattended in a running vehicle while she went to a tanning salon.Krista Mann, 28, left her 6-year-old daughter and her 10-month-old son alone in the car Saturday in the first block of East Park Street, according to Elizabethtown police.” – LancasterOnLine [WGAL-TV8 reports: "The officer discovered her license was suspended in connection with DUI, police said."]
- Smokey said it, “You better shop around!” Hempfield School District shops around and gets better deal. – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Columbia shooting trial update – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “LEGAL NOTICE, published in the May 9, 2012 Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era: “PUBLIC NOTICE – The Borough Council of Columbia Pennsylvania hereby gives notice of intent to purchase a mechanical leaf collector, a truck and a collection box for seasonal leaf collection. The Borough also intends to purchase a vehicle to collect food waste. Columbia Borough is applying for an Act 101 Section 902 Recycling Grant to fund this equipment. Persons interested in submitting comments regarding these acquisitions may submit comments to the attention of Norman B. Meiskey III, Borough Manager, Borough of Columbia; 308 Locust Street, Columbia PA 17512 within thirty days from the date of publication Norman B. Meiskey, III Borough Manager”
- “Lancaster’s “City Council moved Tuesday night to put city money” ($100,ooo) to “place artwork in city parks and other city public spaces as sites are renovated.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Ocean City (NJ) voters prefer to “stay dry” - The Washington Post
- “As the reverberations from the York City School Board’s new proposed budget cuts spread throughout the district Tuesday, members of the William Penn athletic community were forced to consider an almost unthinkable reality: That their tradition-rich athletics program could cease to exist.” – York Daily Record