today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Oh, my friend, it’s not what they take away from you that counts. It’s what you do with what you have left.” – Hubert Humphrey
- The Historic Columbia Market House has a new market manager; nearby resident and marketing professional, Patrick Wallace, assumed this independent contractor position.
- DEEDS RECORDED: “John Stewart and Paragi Stewart conveyed 200 S. Sixth St. to Summit Street Properties LLC for $40,000. – Lancaster Sunday News [NOTE: As reported at Columbia news, views & reviews, April 6, 2012: Summit Street Properties LLC has the same mailing address as BHI Properties, LLC at the Department State’s Registry of Business Entities. The address for both is RR#5, Box 228, Mifflintown, PA 17059.]
- ” … some neighbors and animal welfare activists are critical of Joseph Meyer’s plan to bring a big, new horse-lover’s paradise to West Hempfield Township.” “He envisions expanding his Allimax Farm stable at Marietta Pike and Kames Hill Road to feature 110 horses, beefed-up trail rides, lessons and boarding, educational programs, clinics and demonstrations.” Nieghbors cited “what they say are unresolved problems with traffic and from horse manure odors emanating from the existing operation, and Meyer’s history of two animal cruelty charges in the township.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- Remember your Mom today … it’s Mother’s Day! And today google says it in a way “too cute” manner.
- A small step toward transparency – “FCC: TV stations must post political ad (spending) data on line” – York Sunday News
- “The City of Lancaster in March stepped up enforcement of its ordinance requiring landlords to register and license their rental properties.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- A school without sports – York Daily Record