today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Oh, I got plenty o nuttin, An nuttins plenty for me.” – Porgy, from the movie, Porgy and Bess (1933)
- Praise for Royer’s Flowers and telephone books in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era letters to the editors
- York’s Kiltie Band is just one of the attractions in the Mountville Memorial Day Parade tomorrow, Wednesday, May 30. This parade honoring Mountville area veterans steps off at 6:00 pm. The Merchandiser has more information here.
- “‘The (Susquehanna) river is in trouble. Sick fish mean we have a sick river,’ John Arway, head of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, declared.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “It’s almost impossible to say exactly how much money the elected and appointed officials of Harrisburg have borrowed.
Missing financial audits, complicated transactions and intertwining finances create a labyrinth of money that stretches decades into Harrisburg’s history.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- LEGAL NOTICE published in the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era, Tuesday, May 29, 2012. “The regularly scheduled meeting of the West Hempfield Township Zoning Hearing Board will be held on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM in the West Hempfield Township Municipal Building located at 3401 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster, PA to hear the following cases: 1. Case 1149 – Joseph Meyer continued from May 8, 2012 2. Case 1150 – M&G. Realty, Inc., 2295 Susquehanna Trail, Suite C, York, PA for a variance to Section 707.2. (C) for width of access driveway, a variance to Section 708.3. B.2 for height of free standing sign, and a variance to Section 708.9. Table 2. Part A for total number / area of building signs on property owned by Erin Court Partners, LP located at 3849 Hempland Road, zoned C-2.3. Case 1151 – Southern Comfort Fireworks, 2410 B Rosedale Avenue, Muscle Shoals, AL for a Special Exception to Section 101.7 (Uses not Provided For) to allow a temporary tent to sell fireworks in the parking lot of Shoppes At Prospect, 3985 Columbia Avenue, zoned C-2. Daryl S. Peck, Secretary West Hempfield Township Zoning Hearing Board.”