today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today … ““For the first time in a decade, the amount of aid given by the world’s richest countries to the world’s poorest countries has fallen back. Promises are being broken. This is wrong.” – David Cameron, prime minister, United Kingdom
- TORNADO WATCH – LancasterOnLine
- The rest of the story (We posted this story earlier this week : Harrisburg cop is pain in his wife’s butt – Harrisburg Patriot-News), as Paul Harvey used to say, is that the cop was “under the influence of alcohol.” Here’s the link to that story at FOX43.
- You gotta’ get moving … there’s still time to sign up to participate in the 2012 Lancaster Senior Games. June 11 through 15.
- “While acting as caregiver, (a Lititz woman) also stepped in to handle her mother’s finances — and allegedly drained the 95-year-old woman’s bank account to the tune of $122,176.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Police in West Hempfield Township are investigating the holdup Thursday of Union Community Bank at 10 S. 18th St., Columbia. It’s the third time in as many days that a county bank has been robbed. A Union Community Bank in East Hempfield Township was held up Wednesday, and a PNC Bank was struck Tuesday in Lancaster Township.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Because that’s where the money is!” is what bank robber Willie Sutton, reputedly replied to a reporter’s inquiry as to why he robbed banks. He denied ever saying that, in a 1976 book he co-authored, Where the Money Was. – Wikipedia
- “Lunch in the parlor: Change in state regulations will allow food at funeral services” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- LEGAL NOTICES published in the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era, June 1, 2012 – Legal Notice Notice is hereby given that the Council of the Borough of Columbia, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania will consider for passage on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building, 308 Locust Street, Columbia, Pennsylvania an ordinance titled and summarized as: an Ordinance of the Borough of Columbia, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania amending the Code of the Borough of Columbia, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Section 82-9 and 126-36 of the Code of the Borough of Columbia to allow unlicensed cats which are neutered or spade [sic] to be released back to the place where captured; providing for the repeal of inconsistent ordinances; providing for the severability of the ordinance; and providing that the ordinance shall take effect as provided by Pennsylvania law. A complete copy of Read the rest of this entry »