today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “The future ain’t what it used to be.” - Yogi Berra
- Yikes! Cannibalism in Harford County, Maryland! – FOX43
- SUGAR COPS! “Just how far would a government go to protect us from ourselves?” New York wants to “stop sales of large sodas and other sugary drinks, in a bid to battle obesity.” – LawOfficer.com
Queen Elizabeth II attends a dinner with The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5th Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland at the Caledonian Club on May 30, 2012 in London, England. (Pool / Getty Images)
- “OK, so what are the Brits celebrating this weekend? They are rejoicing at the fact that Queen Elizabeth II has been on the throne for 60 years this year, having inherited the job upon the death of her father, George VI, in 1952. It is a bit confusing because George (“Bertie” of King’s Speech fame) actually died in February 1952, but the actual formal coronation did not take place until June the following year (1953). But, let’s face it, you can’t really have a party in London in February.” – The Daily Beast
- Columbia’s Anglophiles may want to follow the Diamond Jubilee” from the official Website of the British Monarchy
- Speaking of Anglophiles, this blogsite, The Anglophile has a wonderful photo tour of London’s famous Borough Market here.
- The rest of the story (We posted this story earlier this week : Harrisburg cop is pain in his wife’s butt – Harrisburg Patriot-News), as Paul Harvey used to say, is that the cop was “under the influence of alcohol.”Here’s the link to that story at FOx43
- … and the rest of us deal with the harsh reality of NO JOBS! – The New York Times
- and rising food prices! – USDA Economic Research Service