today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “‘We will use every tool at our disposal to challenge those who try to silence our voice.’ – U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donohue, getting worked up about his feeling that Big Business is ‘intimidated’ by the notion that maybe, just maybe, it would be good to know which corporations are spending how much to influence our government.” (SOURCE: Public Citizen)
- “Lancaster County is suffering from a ‘personal income gap,’ as per capita income has increased here at a significantly lower rate than in the country as a whole.” states the “Local Economy Center’s sixth annual ‘Lancaster Economy Report … ’” – Lancaster Sunday News
[NOTE: According to the article this report will be available at the Franklin & Marshall Local Economy Website; the 2011 Report is available here.]
- County’s re-districting is complete. – Lancaster Sunday News
- Two Amanda’s sentenced. – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “Today, June 10, the Lancaster County Public Safety Training Center will host Community Safety Education Day. The training center is at 101 Champ Blvd., at the Salunga exit of Route 283. Events will run noon-5 p.m., rain or shine. Admission and parking are free.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- This week’s restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News
- This week’s restaurant inspections in York County – York Daily Record
- A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- Back in February, Columbia news, view & reviews, carried this little note: “‘Bass fishing frenzy about the “Alabama Rig!’ claiming ‘The world of bass fishing is all a Twitter, and Facebook, and the Internet fishing forums.’ – Ft. Worth Star-Telegram.” There’s this local article in today’s Sunday News (Lure is reeling in anglers – The Alabama Rig, the latest bass lure to hit the market, creates a rush to tackle shops).
- “The Manor Township Planning Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday, June 11, at the municipal building, 950 W. Fairway Drive. Among the agenda items: • Rezoning for Lancaster County Solid Waste Management Authority: request to rezone two parcels of land. • Rezoning petition for Steven A. Funk: request to rezone a tract of land totaling about 10.6 acres at 65 Penn St., Washington Boro, from agricultural to village to develop property with a 15-x-20-foot shed for the purpose of selling ice cream products. • Discussion item, Wal-Mart property and surrounding area.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- “Payday loans proposal in Pennsylvania Legislature draws fire and support” – Harrisburg Patriot-News