today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them.” – Satchel Paige
- Day 2 – Complete coverage of the Sandusky trial – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- “Three Lancaster County Elks lodges will host Flag Day programs in Binns Park on Thursday. The Lancaster, Columbia-Middletown and Ephrata Elks lodges will begin the day at 7 a.m. with a flag-raising ceremony at the Lancaster County Government Center, 150 N. Queen St.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- It’s about time!” – State lawmakers are considering a bill that would penalize drivers who ignore roadblocks and plunge their vehicles into flooded roadways, endangering their lives and taxing local rescuers.” - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Boating anywhere on a good day requires skill and caution; on a rainy day in the Susquehanna … well … that’s just nuts! – York Daily Record
- Letters to the editors in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era: examples of frustration toward elected “public servants.”
- “Wusses” – You can bank on it; what do elected “public servants” do after they retire? They get paid to lobby; to speak or to write books. Former Pennsylvania Governor Rendell follows suit with his book: Nation of Wusses. How predictable. – Harrisburg Patriot-News