today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “There are so many violations, I couldn’t even give you a list.” – Capt. Dave Amico, Lancaster Bureau of Fire. [NOTE: Actually, Captain, you could ... it might be a lengthy list, but all the violations could be on it. This quote is from an article about serious codes violations at the former National Guard Armory on North Queen Street in Lancaster in today's Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era]
- Day four: Sandusky trial – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Hacked off – LancasterOnLine
- Pay to park or go to jail – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
Live feed from 16 cameras in downtown Carlisle comes into the borough police station where dispatchers can view incidents as they happen and supply information to officers on patrol. ELIZABETH GIBSON, The Patriot-News
- Article (and thoughtful reader comments) about Carlisle’s spy/surveillance cameras – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Lancaster You can’t sell drugs and lottery tickets – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Roundup is dangerous pesticide; school treasurer’s statement are two of the Letters to the editors in today’s Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- POLICE LOG – “COLUMBIA: Zachary J. Laflame, 24, of Columbia, was charged with disorderly conduct and public drunkenness June 7 in the area of Third and Chestnut streets. – WEST HEMPFIELD TWP.: Waleska Casiano-Acevedo, 34, of Lancaster, was cited for retail theft Wednesday after trying to take $244 worth of items from the Kmart store in the 3900 block of Columbia Avenue, police said. – Paul Scott, 50, and Teresa Scott, 50, both of Columbia, were cited Wednesday after Read the rest of this entry »