today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! - Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “I am woman, hear me roar – In numbers too big to ignore.” – Helen Reddy
- They came by the thousands; many came early as they braved the heat for the Annual Columbia Craft show. It was a “big deal” day for Columbia! Click here to read the article in today’s Lancaster Sunday News: “Showtime in Columbia – Borough bustles with visitors seeking, art, music and roast beef sandwiches.”
- WGAL-TV8 report: “Future uncertain for burned down motorcycle shop”
- “Fire and police units were dispatched late Saturday afternoon for the rescue of a person who had jumped from the Wrights Ferry Bridge into the Susquehanna River at Columbia.” – MyColumbiaNews
- “Susquehanna Bank is converting the former American Home Bank headquarters (in Mountville) into a corporate training facility.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- “Haldeman Mechanical has hired Steve Splain as service manager. Splain, of Columbia, initially joined Haldeman in 2008 when his HVAC firm merged with it, with Splain becoming an HVAC service technician. Splain then joined YTI Career Institute as a career services specialist for two years. Splain is a Columbia High School graduate. He attended the York campus of Penn State University.” Lancaster Sunday News
- DEEDS RECORDED in the Lancaster Sunday News: “Jeffery J. Seibert conveyed 441 Union St. to MTK Endeavors LLC and Owned Country Properties LLC for $12,500.” [NOTE: This IS THE PROPERTY that was listed here on June 17, 2012: A home in Columbia for only $500! “DEEDS RECORDED: H. Joseph Younger and Christine E. Younger conveyed 441 Union St. to Jeffery J. Seibert for $500.” – Lancaster Sunday News]
- While “No Records were found for the search criteria ‘MTK Endeavors LLC‘ on 7/1/2012” at the Pennsylvania Department of State Corporations Search Website; this is the registry listed for: Owned Country Properties, LLCCurrent Name
Limited Liability Company – Domestic – Information
Entity Number: 3975792 Status: Active Entity Creation Date: 8/25/2010 State of Business.: PA Registered Office Address: 831 Donerville Rd
Millersville PA 17551
Lancaster Mailing Address: No Address
- This week’s restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News
- This week’s restaurant inspections in York County; uh-oh, Country Buffet and Ruby Tuesday make the list – York Dispatch
- A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- Letters to the editors in today’s Sunday News
- “Tabor Community Services has hired Roger L. Steffy as vice president of programs. Steffy, of Marietta, most recently was director of the ADVANCE program at Lutheran Social Services. Before that, he was executive director of the Brethren Housing Association. Steffy has a bachelor’s degree from Eastern Mennonite University and a master’s degree from Eastern Mennonite Seminary.” – Lancaster Sunday News
- No smoking in public housing – York Sunday News
- LEGAL NOTICE, published in the Sunday News, Lancaster, PA on July 1, 2012: “SALE OF REAL ESTATE INVITATION TO BID The Borough of Columbia, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, shall accept sealed bids for the purchase of certain real estate owned by the Borough of Columbia until 11 A.M. on August 3, 2012 , at the Borough Office, 308 Locust Street, Columbia, Pennsylvania 17512 at which time such bids shall be opened and read aloud in a public meeting. The two real properties being offered for sale are: 1) 1020 Blunston Street which is a Light Industrial zoned parcel of approximately 1.1 acres and is identified as Tax Parcel Nos. 110-58624. The minimum acceptable bid is $122,800.00. 2) 215 Lawrence St. which is a residential zoned parcel of approximately .07 acres and is identified as Tax Parcel Nos. 110- 66893. The minimum acceptable bid is $18,000. The successful bidder shall receive fee simple title to the property and shall be liable for the payment of any taxes, including realty transfer taxes, fees or other expenses of transfer and recording. The Borough of Columbia makes no warranties or other representations as to condition of the property. The successful bidder shall take the property under and subject to all restrictions and agreements of record and all existing easements and rights-of-way, and will purchase the property “AS IS”. Arrangements can be made to inspect the property or examine any reports and documents in the Borough’s possession by contacting the Borough Manager’s Office at (717) 684-2467 Ext. 218. All bids shall remain open for a minimum of sixty (60) days from the date they are opened. Payment of the purchase price to the Borough shall be made in full within sixty (60) days after formal award of the bid by Borough Council of the Borough of Columbia. The bid shall be made only by an executed bid form (the “Bid Proposal”) furnished by the Borough, and shall include a deposit in the form of a bank check or money order payable to the Borough of Columbia in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the proposed purchase price. Prospective bidders may obtain the Bid Proposal at the Borough Office, 308 Locust Street, Columbia, Pennsylvania 17512, Monday through Friday, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m or from the Borough’s website, www.columbiapa.net under forms. The Borough of Columbia expressly reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Norman B. Meiskey, III, Borough Manager.”