today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “It might end when the fascists who dream up this crap have to show THEIR faces to the public and own up to being the ones trying to implement this nitwittery.” - happycynic, commenter to this article “Principals to meet with Central Dauphin students this week regarding face paint at athletic events” in the Harrisburg Patriot-News.
- “Nitwittery!” What a great word. Seems to be prevalent in lots of governmental and school board settings.
- On the topic of nitwittery, the Harrisburg Patriot-News’ Pennlive sums up a week of nitwittery: “A yeehawing speeder goes rogue, topless women protest, a Speedo mistake, and other Dubious Deeds: Sept. 1 edition”
- “But journalism should stick to the facts that are known, and refrain from treating government claims as if they are facts.” – Column: “On Syria, Intelligence and Evidence” at FAIR.com
- Do you remember? – A Pinterest page looks at what was “hot” just a few years ago.
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.