Have local government leaders in your community demonstrated exceptional dedication to improving public services through innovative projects or initiatives?
If so, the Governor’s Center for Local Government Services (GCLGS) wants to hear about it! Each year, the GCLGS presents the Governor’s Awards for Local Government Excellence in recognition of successful undertakings that may serve as inspiration or as best management practices for local government officials throughout Pennsylvania.
Nominations for the 2016 Governor’s Awards for Local Government Excellence will be accepted from September 1, 2015, through December 1, 2015, and may be submitted for one or more of the following award categories:
- Building Community Partnerships
- Responding to Adversity
- Promoting Community/Economic Revitalization
- Innovative Community/Governmental Initiatives
- Fiscal Accountability and Best Management Practices
- Innovative Planning and Sound Land Use Practices
- Intergovernmental Cooperation
- Information Technology
- Health and Wellness Initiatives
Please visit newPA.com/lgawards to learn more about the judging criteria for each category, as well as to view the award winners from prior years and to submit a nomination during the timeframe specified above.
How about some information about police department regionalization?