today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History! Kennedy assassinated
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Ninety percent of the politicians give the other 10 percent a bad reputation.” – Henry Kissinger
- On Saturday, Columbia news, views & reviews featured an article about the SOPA (Stop Internet Piracy Act); here is another article about the controversy attached to it. – theconversation.edu.au
- Last night’s Planning Commission Agenda: A continuance (The Cycle Den), a resignation (Carmen Swinehart); Plane Street project on schedule; new occupants – details on these and more – coming tomorrow.
- Marietta woman’s letter to the editor published – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “School Board says goodbye to three members” – MyColumbiaNews.com
- Result of looming budget cuts: NIMBY (not in my backyard). Defense contractors object – York Daily Record
- BHI-ville: in case you missed this item on Sunday – BHI Properties’ “BUY COLUMBIA” (now holds 35 properties) continues as “Boys & Girls Club Foundation and Boys Club of Lancaster Foundation conveyed 254 W. Locust Street to BHI Properties LLC for $95,000.” BHI 254 west locust street – Other property transfer of interest: “Sheriff of Lancaster, David A. Doolittle and Brian I. Doolittle conveyed 202 Poplar Street to Federal national Mortgage Association for $3,246.” DEED 202 poplar street – Lancaster Sunday News
- The rules do not apply equally in a “rubber-stamp” board/council world – (Read why here) – Wall Street Journal
- Here’s another example of what happens when “nobody’s watching”; what was this school board doing? – York Daily Record editorial opinion