In Uncategorized on August 26, 2016 at 4:05 am
“Currently, Underground Hotel is planning to perform at Music in the Park on Fourth Friday, using a substitute musician in place of a band member who is terminally ill. A second band has been reserved to play in place of Underground Hotel should matters worsen and Underground Hotel be unable to perform. Come out and join the fun; there’s sure to be music.” – Fourth Friday facebook page
“Fourth Friday is a monthly happening inviting the public to enjoy an evening visiting galleries, antique, restaurants, specialty shops & various venues in Columbia, Marietta, and Wrightsville..” – Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce
Is this the last weekend for the trolley?
Progress … Some of the council committees maintain current minutes following their separate meetings: From the August Council Safety Committee Minutes: “Going forward Facilities Use requests will be reviewed in advance of Committee Approval to forward to Council, for the possibility of the use of parks within the Borough vs. street use.” and “the importance of submitting Facility Use Request the recommended six (6) weeks in advance … and to stress to organizations to consider the use of parks vs. street closures.”
Click here for Voter Registration information.
… or wrong, wrong?
- Get this: “The faculty union for 14 state-owned universities in Pennsylvania — including Millersville University — called for a strike authorization vote among members during a meeting of union officials Thursday morning.” – Lancaster Online
- “Professors at Millersville University of Pennsylvania have an average annual salary of $141,272. This salary is a projection of salary for teaching a full twelve month year. The average annual salary for male professors is $142,659, which is $54,897 more than the average for male professors at universities. The average annual salary for female professors is $139,358, which is $55,751 more than the average for female professors at universities.” – faculty-salaries.startclass.com
- Whine time … Lottery winner complains about having to pay state tax on his winnings in a letter-to-the-editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
In Uncategorized on August 25, 2016 at 4:14 am
Quote for today … “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Summer of 2016 is drawing to a close.” – Labor Day is right around the corner. Sylvia Plath’s quote seems appropriate.
Another quote for today … “Eleven hours to determine this is an accident? No. You can’t get a thorough investigation completed under what would be the most obvious of circumstances in close to that amount of time. Reading just the facts indicate this should be reopened and that’s why I will sign the petition.” – Comment following this Pennlive article about the Mountville shooting. Very curious, too, that DA mouthpiece says, “the investigation is ongoing and encouraged anyone with information police do not have to speak with investigators with West Hempfield Township police or with county detectives.”
When citizens speak out at school board meetings and council meetings, they are asked to identify themselves -to this point, no one’s shown up to speak wearing a paper bag over their heads.
- But as school board vice president, Kathleen Hohenadel, learned: when someone takes an unpopular position or goes against the “GOBAGs – Good Ole Boys and Girls”, retribution happens. And the GOBAGs know who and how to verbally abuse, ostracize or bully.
- A reader shared this 1985 video clip featuring numerous clips about a water main break in Columbia in 1985. A good trip into yesteryear: note the packed council meeting; the hair styles; the attire; the citizens’ noting the absence of Water Company representatives’ accepting responsibility and the underlying message about infrastucture maintenance.
- Two letters-to-the-editor in today’s LNP- Always Lancaster: One says keep all foreigners out of the US – the other says says don’t print bigoted letters. Remember the line from the movie, Home for the Holidays, “Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody’s got one and everyone thinks everyone else’s stinks.”
In Uncategorized on August 24, 2016 at 1:16 pm
“A holes! Stick some M-80’s down there crotch and light ’em up! Might give them an idea how the turtle felt.”
Columbia commenter following this Lancaster Online article: “3 charged with blowing up live turtle with M-80 firecrackers in Lancaster County”
Boy, do we agree with your comment!
“The three do not face more serious animal cruelty charges because the turtle was wild.”
What??? What the heck difference does it make?
What the hell’s wrong with people?
153 comments and counting at Pennlive incuding this one:
“No shame is too great for these three morons. Spread their names and addresses far and wide!