today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today…“The only part of the conduct of any one for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute.” – John Stuart Mill
- Interesting times continue in West York – York Dispatch
- Is this “the right stuff” to be President. Read this New York Times article, “Donors gave as Santorum won earmarks.”
- Are hospitals are now engaging the dubious practices used by the pharmaceutical industry – AmericanMedicalNews.com
- “Study finds firefighters have higher rates of obesity than public” – Firehouse.com [Click here to read the study.]
- Attention Penn State graduates; this trustworthy alum asks for your vote for Board of Trustees. For the glory … cast your ballot for her.
- “The York Revolution has a deal for you. Four lucky fans will win an all-expenses-paid trip to Sugar Land, Texas, where the area’s Atlantic League baseball team will face its first opponent of the 2012 season.” – York Dispatch
- “The general public and the media have not tracked gas prices recently – certainly not to the extent of home prices and unemployment. That is about to change.” says 24/7Wall Street.com.
- Those “hogs at the trough” in Harrisburg do it again – Lancaster New Era editorial
- Letters to the editors in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Chuck Woolery speaks on democracy!