today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “Why, what’s the matter, That you have such a February face, So full of frost, of storm and cloudiness?” – William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
- No surprises here; politicians beget politicians. “Former congressman Walker leads Gingrich campaign” – Lancaster Sunday News
- The difficulty of “new reality” adjustment – “Decorated Army veteran from Red Lion finds starting over not what he expected” – York Sunday News
- Recent restaurant and food serving establishments inspections: Very constructive and positive response from York’s Eagles’ manager – “he plans to enroll staff in a food safety course through the Department of Agriculture to avoid future violations.” – Restaurant inspections in York County – York Dispatch. See the week’s county restaurant inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Sunday News. A complete listing of all facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- Some gas prices are over the $3.50 mark Gas prices (regular) are creeping upward at area stations.
- “Bethany L. Barton graduated with honors from The Art Institute of Philadelphia with an Associate of Science degree in photography and the Best Portfolio in Photography award. A graduate of Hempfield High School, she is the daughter of Greg and Louise Barton, Mountville.” – Lancaster Sunday News