today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “The world’s favorite season is the spring. All things seem possible in May.” – Edwin Way Teale
- Letter writers share frustrations about taxes and job search in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Philly Phanatic at THE (pictures) – Turkey Hill’s Ice Cream Journal
- Timekeeping in sports: “‘Time Out!’ exhibit, opening Saturday at the National Watch & Clock Museum in Columbia.” – MyColumbiaNews
- Phillies are “old” and struggling – The Washington Post
- “That’ll never happen here: $30 million theft in a small town“
- Published at Columbia news, views & reviews on April 11, 2012: “The Mount Joy Area Historical Society will meet Monday at 7 p.m. at the society building, 120 Fairview St. Guest speaker will be Ken McCrea, who will discuss “The Planning and Building of the Reading and Columbia Railroad.” Refreshments will be served after the program. The meeting is free.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era [NOTE: Today, there is an operating business known as the Columbia and Reading Railway Company located at 197 Dock Street, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972. There is “chatter” about it at the Railway Preservation News Website. There may be more chatter in the future.]