today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.” – John F. Kennedy
- Today’s the day … remember to …
- “Not all college degrees are equal” says this Georgetown University study
- Well, it is “Severe Weather Awareness Week“
- ‘Springettsbury Township’s incoming police chief said he hopes township residents take him up on the “coffee with the chief” chats he plans to have at least twice a month at local businesses.” –York Dispatch
- “Our Lady of the Angels will be celebrating Vocation Day on April 27th at 404 Cherry Street, Columbia. This will be an all day event with the following guests: Sr. Mary Beth Antonelli, OSF; Fr. Joshua Brommer; Fr. Robert Harrison, C.Ss. R.; Fr. Paul Helwig; Fr. Dennis Klemash, OFM,Cap.; Sr. Claudia Mauri, DM; Sr. Geralyn Schmidt, SCC; Sr. Helene Trueitt, ASC and Deacon Eugene Vannucci. The school theme this year is “Speak Lord, Your Servant is listening,” The faculty and staff at OLA is trying to make our students aware of how God has spoken to some of our Saints and how he speaks to us in our own lives. We have asked the guests to share with the students how God has called them to their vocation and how they are serving God now.” – Press Release
- POLICE LOG: “COLUMBIA: Marcel Gordon, 28, of Columbia, was taken into custody Thursday night in the 400 block of Locust Street on warrants for possession of cocaine and marijuana, borough police said.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “The Susquehanna Township School Board is revisiting dress restrictions for middle and high school students two years after community outrage forced it to reverse the imposition of uniforms districtwide.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- York County Weis sells million dollar Powerball winner – York Daily Record