today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “What we’re seeing really is a window into what global warming really looks like. It looks like heat. It looks like fires. It looks like this kind of environmental disasters.” – Michael Oppenheimer, Princeton University geosciences and international affairs professor.
Independence Day, 2012 … Make time today to remember, and thank, those who have given – their lives, their security, their financial well being, their reputations – to keep the United States free and independent. God bless the United States.
- “Two people were injured when they fell about 30 feet earlier this afternoon at Chickies Rock County Park, an official said. One person was taken to an area hospital for treatment of a hip injury. The other was treated at the scene for a minor head injury, according to a supervisor at Lancaster County-Wide Communications. No other information was immediately available.” – LancasterOnLine
- Moving down the street! This is posted at the Hotel Locust’s Facebook page: “As you all know now, we will be moving down the road to what used to be Lazy K Lounge. It will soon be known as PJ’s Lounge … “
- “Flashing purple lights may distinguish funeral processions after the governor signs a bill (H.B. 869) aimed at increasing traffic safety.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Stop the export of fracked gas! “Fracking is bad enough on its own. There is no reason that we should contaminate America’s water here to export cheap natural gas to other countries. Exporting gas only creates more profits for the multinational corporations that are doing the fracking, at our expense. Let’s make an impact by taking away their ability to export natural gas from fracking to other countries.” – food&waterwatch