today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “But for my faith in God, I should have been a raving maniac.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “On a listing of the top 10 fresh markets in the world, published today, Central Market ranked eighth. The city-owned market fell between Singapore’s Kreta Ayer Wet Market and the Marché Provencal, in Antibes, France.” – LancasterOnLine
- A Sheetz store? and “West Hempfield Township supervisors were briefed Tuesday on two new business ventures, including a new use for the former Columbia Bowl on South 16th Street, at the edge of Columbia.” – MyColumbiaNews
- Atheist’s squabble! By now just about everyone knows about the issue with the alleged atheist, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the small business owners of Prudhomme’s Lost Cajun Kitchen. There have been very interesting and very funny comments about the topic at LancasterTalk and at TalkPA and at PennLive.com and at LancasterOnLine and at FreePublic. Take a look at the videos at the end of this column: the atheist speaks and the small business owner speaks.
- Letters to the editors in today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- With a few fill-in-the-blanks, “Amazingly, __________________ (name of municipality) ___________________ (names of elected “public servants” and hired staff) almost single-handedly mortgaged the (municipality’s) rich and solid heritage, its financial independence and self-determination, in exchange for a __________________, ____________________, and other flimsy schemes.” – this article applies anywhere. – newsLanc.com
- POLICE LOG: “COLUMBIA: Lauren Michele Murphy, 32, of Seven Valleys, was charged June 27 after she was seen pulling from a parking lot in the 300 block of Locust Street, swerving into the oncoming lane, nearly hitting a pedestrian, trying to pass another vehicle on Lancaster Avenue and nearly striking an oncoming car head-on, police said. She was finally stopped in the 800 block of Barber Street.- Derrick J. Reisinger, 33, of Columbia, was charged after an incident on Sunday in the 600 block of Walnut Street.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Things are getting better? Nearly six pages of sheriff’s sale notices in the classified section of today’s Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- The atheist speaks:
- The small business owner speaks:
Mr Wolff needs to get a hobby. He was just looking for someone to bother and decided to pick on this restaurant. Mr Wolff, Mr Wolff, you are forcing your beliefs on others the same as you are accusing them of doing. If they offered a discount for people wearing red, would you sue them for discriminating against colorblind people?