today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “I’m saying that if you’ve got $2 million, you should use $2 million because you don’t know what’s going to happen next year.” – Leo Lutz, mayor of Columbia and a member of the Smart Growth Task Force. [EDITOR’S NOTE: Sounds like something Harrisburg’s former mayor might have said during his spend – spend – spend days!]
- Dealing with today’s extreme heat: The best defense is prevention. Here are some prevention tips from the CDC.
- REMINDER … There are several important topics that are expected to being voted on at the Monday Columbia Borough Council meeting on Monday evening: an ordinance “requiring pawnbrokers, antique dealers, and second-hand dealers to obtain annual licenses” and the “Airport District Overlay.” Involved and concerned citizens need to attend this meeting which is scheduled for 7:00 at the Borough Hall.
- We love this video – “I’m farming and I grown it” is parody music video promoting agriculture! “Kansas State University student Greg Peterson and some friends were unwinding at a drive-in restaurant when LMFAO’s song ‘Sexy and I Know It’ came on the radio. He groaned. But as the chorus droned on, the 21-year-old found inspiration. He switched “sexy” to “farming” as he began rapping. Then he started coming up with lyrics. It would be fun, he thought, to do a video parody with his brothers when he returned home to the family farm in central Kansas. – Mail.com