today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.” – Albert Einstein. [Einstein’s brilliance shone through decades ago. As the era of the landline is entering it’s finality phase, this 1996 article seconds Einstein’s prescience.]
- Puerto Rico, the 51st State? – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Just for football fans: It is Total Red Zone (TRZ). – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- “A former Marietta Borough Council member is accused of stabbing a teenage girl during a domestic dispute last June. The accused was “appointed to her seat in March 2007 to fill a vacancy when councilman Sam Wiggins unexpectedly stepped down in February.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- This weekend … it’s the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen “Fine Craft Fair” – PaCrafts.org Website
- Cloister Car Wash honors veterans with free car wash tomorrow.
- “Triangle Car Wash will offer free car washes to veterans and current service members from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in observance of Veterans Day. The offer will be valid at 1615 Columbia Ave. and other company locations in Lebanon, Carlisle, Palmyra and Lemoyne.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- POLICE LOG: “MANHEIM TWP.: Melanie S. Hersey, 28, of North Third Street,, Columbia, was stopped Aug. 31 for a traffic violation on Route 30, police said. Synthetic marijuana was found in her possession. She was charged with possession of a controlled substance before District Judge David Miller.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era