today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “But winter lingering chills the lap of May.” – Oliver Goldsmith.
- How did he get a concealed permit? – “West Hempfield man shoots himself in leg” – LancasterOnLine
- Appealing – “Club Good Times in Columbia has appealed the borough zoning board’s rejection of its request to feature fully nude dancing at its 425 Union St.” – MyColumbiaNews
“A sunset casts light on an aging sign at the Columbia Drive-In before its last movie screening in October 2005. Many local drive-in theaters have closed in the last decade. The few that remain recently faced the challenge to convert from 35-millimeter film projectors to digital systems. (DAILY RECORD/SUNDAY NEWS — File)”
- Drive-ins go digital – York Daily Record
- “Tara Anspach recently earned her masters of arts degree in communication sciences and disorders from University of Pittsburgh. She plans to pursue a career in speech pathology. A graduate of Columbia High School, she is the daughter Jim and Vickie Anspach of Columbia.” – Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
- Now you tell us, Roy? – Philly.com