today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Question for today… “I’m taking a stand against the law and will do everything I can to defund, delay, dismantle or repeal it” – US public servant, representative Joe Pitts in this Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era article.
- Or I got mine and you ain’t getting yours!… In addition to his salary of $174,000 (plus retirement from other government “public service” positions) he also gets … – Houston Chronicle [Editorial Note: and dinner parties, trips, etc.]
- York community votes to remove parking meters because they’re “predatory” and they keep businesses away. – York Daily Record
- al Qaida comes to central PA? – York Dispatch
- Did they know it and hide it? Sandusky-like actions at central PA school? – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- “A Shiremanstown volunteer firefighter is facing charges that he engaged in a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl whom he met at the fire station.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Go Pirates! – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- “According to a new study, 49 percent of the hyperlinks in Supreme Court decisions no longer work.” – The New York Times