today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Question for today… “I’m taking a stand against the law and will do everything I can to defund, delay, dismantle or repeal it” – US public servant, representative Joe Pitts in this Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era article.
- Paying the folks in ClownTown to do what they’re best at: nothing … Federal government shuts down for first time in 17 years – York Daily Record
- “The federal government’s fiscal year ends on Tuesday. And nothing except Official Washington’s intransigence and, lets face it, stupidity, has brought us to this point.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Americans anxious, nervous as gov’t shuts down – York Daily Record
- Shutdown impact: what is impacted – York Dispatch
- Na-a-h, ya’ think?: “Twenty-six percent of Americans recently reported that they feel “angry” with the federal government. Half, 51 percent, say they are frustrated.” – Government Executive
- Shutdown difference: the Senate bill and the House bill – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- “The County Treasurer is responsible for collecting taxes on approximately 106,000 of the 189,000 taxable properties in Lancaster County.” Click here to view The Judicial Tax Sale Information at the County Treasurer’s Office Website.
- Boys playing on girls teams? “A court ruling that allowed girls to play on boys teams in Pennsylvania will reportedly be reconsidered this week, potentially paving the way for a ban on cross-gender play in the state.” – FOX 43 TV
- Lancaster Newspapers publishes salaries of county government employees. Will Columbia’s government employees salaries be published next?
- “Hope in Crisis” – Emergency preparedness seminar, October 12 – York Daily Record