today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “Ace came and laid down at my feet and died. This is animal cruelty. That dog never hurt anybody.” – Jeff Bletz, York County dog owner after a state trooper shot his dog in Lower Windsor Township. Read the entire York Dispatch article here. Be sure to read the reader comments too.
- Too quick to shoot? – FOX43 TV
- Look for a huge turnout in Columbia on June 11. That’s the date of the “Williams public open house for the Central Penn Line South project is tentatively listed for Wednesday, June 11, at Columbia No. 1 Fire Department, 137 S. Front St., Columbia. Open houses are usually 6-8 p.m., said Williams spokesman Chris Stockton.” according to a recent newspaper article.
- Cop car stolen in Harrisburg – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Fair number of resolutions in Sheriff Sales properties; but scores more remain on the block.
- Restaurant inspections in York County finds over a dozen violations at an American Legion; one restaurant ordered closed. – York Daily Record
- York’s “relieved” administrator will now cost the city $97,000 more for “unused vacation time.” – York Daily Record
- Patsy Cline’s house in York County – York Daily Record
- PSU football coach: “This is a legal matter; that’s about all I can say.” – Centre Daily Times