today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “There is a lot of bull crap going on, and people are seeing it.” – Oriana Spittle, councillor in another borough where, evidently, there are no rubber stamps. – Lebanon Daily News.
- Pipeline meeting slated for Columbia is moved to Millersville – LancasterOnLine
- Continued disgrace of undefined, needless foreign entanglements: “Taliban propaganda video captures helicopter landing in an Afghan clearing and American prisoner being handed over by armed guards holding white flags.” – The Telegraph, London
- “Burning the furniture to heat the house.” This phrase sends shudders; it comes from a reader who sent along this link about a former Department of Conservation Michael DiBerardinis’ testimony about pillaging our forests.
- Among the benefits of the “coming” Williams Partners’ pipeline: “most of the natural gas is destined for export to China and other countries … .” – PennLive.com
- “The fact that such a large number of Americans believe that the distribution of wealth is currently too skewed towards the wealthy, is made far more relevant by the fact that they don’t actually know just how skewed the wealth distribution has become.” – popularresistance.org
- More blood in the water: Governor wants veterans’ input on VA healthcare – Office of the Governor
- Best and Worst Nursing Homes in Lancaster County – Lancaster OnLine (Read the comments at facebook, too.)
- “Nursing Home Compare has detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Click here to see the current listings for Lancaster County facilities. – Medicare.gov
- Here’s how the ratings are calculated – Medicare.gov
- Noticed a business shingle at 254 Locust Street which is becoming a real estate hub: Best Choice Realty. According to the State’s registry of business entities, here’s the data on Best Choice Realty. The principal at Best Choice Realty, Israel Weiss, is listed at the property owner of these properties. 254 Locust Street is owned by BHI Properties, Inc.
- Giant Foods announces recall on Glutino Rosemary and Olive Oil Snack Crackers – Giant Foods
- PennLive letter-to-the-editor writer warns of the “dangers of the Susquehanna.”