today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “Democrats and Republicans are two different wings on the same puppet bird of prey! It’s time that people wake up and start focusing on the puppet-masters, instead of being lead astray by those who seek only to divide this country!” – Urban Scholar, commenter to this Harrisburg Patriot-News opinion column: “The mirror might be the first place to look for an explanation of America’s political polarization.”
- Welcome to “our town!” The Lancaster County Economic Development Company’s Website features a page listing all of the townships and boroughs in the county to show investors, developers and interested parties places they may want to visit to consider as a likely venue for their project. It is a competitive world and the first impression many out-of-towners will get will be from the Website. The Website is the modern-day brochure and information packet. It ought to be attractive, up-to-date, interesting to look at, transparent and complete. Take a look at Lancaster County’s “municipal invitations” here.
- One in three potential new hires refuses or fails drug test, survey of manufacturing employers shows” – Pennsylvania Manufacturers’ Association
- You pay for what you get: “Study: Why are Pennsylvania taxes so high? Corruption” – The Morning Call
- Just do away with commencement speeches! “New graduates are questioning why the president of the Quakertown Community School Board used Wednesday’s graduation ceremony as a political forum to air his views on topics such as climate change and abortion.” – The Intelligencer, Doylestown, PA
- Route 441 project – Borough Website
- Also at the Borough Website: COLUMBIA BOROUGH PARKS AND RECREATION 2014 SUMMER PROGRAM – “a summer playground program for children entering 2nd grade through 6th grade.”