today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “Any solicitation from the library system is counterproductive to the stability of our library. WOW – I wish more local elected officials understood that concept! Bravo, Ephrata!” – Julie Zug, commenter to this article about discord in the Library System’s fund-raising plan. – Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
- Coming on Monday: Labor Day, 2014 and York’s unions will parade – York Daily Record
- “Funny that FOX43 released the information on Facebook and only after that did the CBPD release it. Otherwise we may have never heard about it!” one of the comments at Cole Umber’s Website about the recent release of information about summer burglaries in Columbia. Here is the Fox 43 facebook post: “Police are investigating a rash of break-ins that happened in Columbia Borough while the residents were at home. DETAILS: http://bit.ly/1vwJF4t.
- Man, does this country love war! – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- A few days ago the borough website said the Ironville Pike project was going to begin yesterday; today the Website says, “Ironville Pike construction is set to begin September 1, 2014. Please watch for detours and/or traffic delays.”
- Jeff Reinhart on Columbia football this year: “Columbia: Third season for QB Kyle Warfel, who is determined to play mistake-free. Tide should be thinking Class A playoffs or bust.”
- But this new Website (facebook page) says Columbia will finish fifth in the section.
- LEGAL NOTICE: “PUBLIC NOTICE August 25, 2014 T-Mobile is hereby giving notice to West Hempfield Township and the surrounding area that it proposes to construct a 180 ft. monopole tower, with antennas at an antenna tip height of 175 ft. The facility will be located at …” – Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
- Ain’t the same county it used to be: “buggy-jacking” – WGAL-TV8
- The Crimson Tide’s Daeshawn McIlWain is one of the “Players to Watch” according to the article on page 33 of the High School football special section that’s included with the print editions of the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era. Pick up a copy to read the outlook for the Columbia Crimson Tide and the other teams in the LL League.