With restrictive backgrounds, most US active shooters would have been denied the purchase of a firearm.
Police secure the area near a mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, December 2 2015. Mario Anzuoni/REUTERS
“America has experienced yet another mass shooting.
Here’s an article from a criminologist who has done research about the topic of mass shootings and he thinks that
- #1: More guns don’t make you safer
- #2: Shootings are more frequent
- #3: Mass shootings are not terrorism
- #4: Restricting sales works
- #5: Historical comparisons may be flawed
- #6: Background checks work