today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “I hope you all remember this when it’s time to vote. No incumbents!” – Comment following this PennLive article saying schools may have to borrow with no state budget.
- Three restaurants cited with 10 or more violations during Food serving facilities inspections in York County – The York Dispatch
- Several of the usual suspects on the list this week | Food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
“As long as there are as many guns in this country as there are people, as long as we don’t meaningfully restrict firearm purchases or keep track of weapons, we will have mass shootings and individual killings and gun suicides.” – Eugene Robinson column in The Washington Post
- So, according to the property transfers in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster, there’s a upcoming multi-property landlord, ASSOCIATES PROPERTIES PA, LP, accumulating Columbia properties. In this case, it involves folks on the Columbia Economic Development Corporation. Registered at the PA Department of State are Associates Properties PA GRP, LLC and Associates Properties PA LP. Both have the same address.This week, Associates Properties PA LP acquired 75 South Twelfth Street and 141 South 11th Street.
- Pennsylvania’s definition of LP or Limited Partnership.
- Pennsylvania’s definition of LLC or Limited Liability Corporation.
- Columbia’s Borough Council will meet tomorrow evening at 7:00 pm at the Borough Hall meeting room for the last meeting of the year. Will incoming “elected public servants” attend? – Borough Website
Charlie Thompson, veteran PennLive state government reporter, explains the budget impasse in layman’s terms.
- Yeah, it’s OK not to take your leaves to the curb, “leaves are an excellent resource in the winter landscape.” – PennLive
The Morning Call has a collection of pictures depicting the iconic photos of Bethlehem Steel through the years.