today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
- Hm-m-m. There’s a new face / old name listed shown at the Columbia School Board webpage. How do you picked to a board when your name’s never appeared in any of the minutes all year long?
- “Vacancies caused by resignation, death, moving out of the district or region, etc., are filled by an appointment process conducted by the remaining board members. If less than two years remain before the former director’s term expires, a director appointed to fill that vacancy serves for the remainder of the term. However, if more than two years are left in the term, the new appointee will serve only until the first Monday in December following the first municipal election that is scheduled for more than 60 days after the vacancy occurred. In other words, unless the vacancy occurred less than 60 days prior to the nearest municipal election, the new director would have to run for election in order to serve longer than that. Thus, an appointee will serve two years at most unless elected to office in the next municipal election.” – Pennsylvania School Boards Association Website
- How does another board member stay on the board when the board member misses half the meetings during the year?
Gone from Columbia | coming to Lancaster – school leadership!
MORE POOP ABOUT POOP
- Why should you know about Act 537 Sewage Facilities!
- Because it requires inspection of sewage disposal systems including single household ones on a schedule established by the municipality.
- LASA has a copy of each municipality’s 537 plans here – Note that Columbia’s has not yet been uploaded.
- Daggone trusted employees can’t be trusted – Lancaster Online
- Some folks get no jail time and lenient restitution options, but this 71-year-old guy gets jail time! Go figger!
- “A veteran York County police officer was arrested on federal corruption charges Friday.” Another trusted employee steals, too. – Pennlive
- “Would $100 help you?” | Springhettsbury Police help out – FOX 43-TV