today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “As I watched this season unfold, I determined that it was time to make a change.” – Philadelphia Eagles owner on the decision to fire coach Chip Kelly. – Philly.com [What took so long; lots of people would have swung that executive decision axe long ago.]
NEWS UPDATE: The Columbia Police Department has pictures and this narrative at its facebook page: “On 12/29/15 at approximately 1721 hours a purse was stolen from an individual at the Mussers Market, 960 Lancaster Avenue. The suspect is described as a white male with brown hair, approximately 20 years of age. He was last seen wearing a large black jacket, and dark colored pants. The suspect left on a mountain bicycle heading South towards Manor Street in Columbia, PA. Any information please contact Columbia Borough Police Department.”
Just what’s supposed to happen with a municipality and its police department … communication. Unfortunately, some of the comments following the post are incendiary and threatening illegal acts of macho retribution.
BLACK ROSE NEWS UPDATE: Sure ‘nuf, the New Holland Police Department has filed charges! Unbelievable!
- And life ain’t fair | two more instances: You probably pay a higher income tax percentage than the uber rich and you’d go to jail for shooting someone, but most police officers don’t.
- Columbia Borough’s 2016 meetings announced in LEGAL NOTICE – beginning with Council Reorganization Meeting on January 4, 2016 at 6:00 pm.
- OBSERVATION: Our random (and unscientific) observation about traffic and speeds on Front Street while walking from River Park to the end of Columbia’s connection to the Northwest Lancaster County River Trail: Drivers of Turkey Hill trucks seem to be following the posted 25 mph speed limits while drivers of LCSWMA trucks/trailers appear to be going much faster. So too, are drivers of “pick-em-ups.”
- It’s not an “impasse” – it’s an incredible SNAFU: intolerable intransigence to the max | “Pennsylvania state budget: 174 days in perspective” – The York Daily Record
- Chutzpah? Fraud is a more apt narrative for this “Beauty queen charged in fake cancer scheme” – The York Daily Record
- More about this charlatan here – Heavy.com
- At least, this corporate merger isn’t using the templated corporate crapola line: “We see no changes at this time.” Bank sends Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) notice. – Pennlive