today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Even though I believe Franklin is nothing more than a mediocre coach, I truly thought even he could beat a “coach-less” Georgia squad. I was wrong.” – Comment following this Pennlive article about the Penn State loss in the whatever bowl game formerly knows as the Gator Bowl.
- No more enduring Hackenberg in Penn State games. No more enduring Chip Kelly in Eagles games.
- Which month has the most deaths? – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC
- The Re-organizational Meeting of Columbia Borough Council will be held on Monday, January 4, 2016 at 6:00pm. According to the PA Borough code: “The council shall organize on the first Monday of January of each even-numbered year by electing one member as president and one member as vice president, who shall hold the offices at the pleasure of the council. If the first Monday is a legal holiday, the meeting and organization shall take place the following day. Any action taken by any council at any time between 12:01 a.m. on January 1 of an even-numbered year and the organization of council in that year shall be subject to reconsideration by the new council at any time within ten days after organization. The council may, at the organizational meeting, appoint other officers as may be provided for by law or ordinance, or as may be deemed necessary for the conduct of affairs of the borough, and may transact any other business as may come before the meeting. The president, and, during the president’s absence or incapacity, the vice president, shall preside over the meetings of council and perform other duties as are prescribed by this part or by ordinance.”
- “The mayor shall preside over the organization of the council until it is organized as provided in section 1001 (relating to organization of council, quorum, participation by telecommunication device, voting, compensation and eligibility) and shall be deemed a member of council at the organizational meeting if the mayor’s membership becomes necessary to constitute a quorum.” – SOURCE: Pennsylvania Council of Boroughs Website | Click here to access the Borough Code in HTML.
- Food serving facilities inspections in York County – The York Dispatch
- Appears dining out is a potshot – “I had a Roach in my food” says one commenter – Food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- 261 comments follow this article – Pennlive